Go Cocks!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Garden of Weeds

Ok, so I'm not usually good at weeding my garden to begin with, but this year has been extra bad. Just too many things going on and not enough effort on my part to get out there and "get 'er done", so to speak. However, I am starting to get a few things out of it... we ate the first tomatoes tonight, and I should have a handful of beans probably read for the pickin', too. We've already had squash and zuchini... hopefully my corn will turn out this year. (I'm not holding my breath.) I have some beautiful sunflowers, though, as well as a mutant or two:




This is one flower, but i think i saw another one out there today. On this last shot, you can see little sunflowers budding out of just about every leaf stem... I've never grown sunflowers before, but that seems a little, uh, "nucular" to me. Maybe this belongs with that three-eyed fish from Springfield... =)

One more pretty picture... it's not as pretty as it should have been, but still colorful and pretty nonetheless. Nature, after all, is beautiful in just about any condition!


Off to water my garden of weeds... it's been really hot - here, and everywhere else. Hopefully i won't get fried green tomatoes out of it, and hopefully we won't taste the weeds.

No comments: