Go Cocks!

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Fly Away Home!

I've never seen the movie, but I've been privileged to see the real thing twice! Last year was purely by chance: I heard on the radio that morning that the whooping cranes would be flying over soon. After I got ready for work, I just looked outside by chance, and by george, there they were! This year, this leg of the flight was postponed a day for weather, so I was able to prepare a little better. I got some better pictures because of it... not great ones, but decent ones for sure. It's a good thing - the project may change the route of the migration because of the weather in Kentucky that time of year. They came through (literally right over our house!) on December 6, 2007... so, without further ado... enjoy!


(If you are interested in this migration project, visit their website: http://www.operationmigration.org/)







And a little video:

No comments: