Go Cocks!

Sunday, March 01, 2009

MarioKart!!

My cousin celebrated his 6th birthday last week, so we went to his house to celebrate yesterday. Here's the cake I made for him:

So, if you aren't a MarioKart addict (like I am), this is "Mushroom Gorge." You can bounce on the red mushrooms...

... you can throw banana peels and turtle shells at other drivers to try and wreck them, the colored zig-zags increase your speed, and the ? boxes give you items to use to help yourself... and sometimes hurt yourself!



This was a family affair: my aunt found the cars on ebay; my sister came up with the idea to use sugar cookies instead of cupcakes for the mushrooms and a spring to "spring" a car from a red mushroom; my dad indirectly came up with the idea to use Runts for the "weapons"; my mom made the sugar cookies, arranged the "spring" out of craft wire and helped decorate the cookies. We all took part in demolishing it... once someone had the guts to make the first cut! I must admit, with all the accessories, it turned out better than I expected!

No comments: