Go Cocks!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

garden update


I canned those Bread and Butter pickles I talked about, and I've started the process for the cinnamon cucumber pickles. I've got 5 pints of beans canning as we speak, will probably have enough over-ripe cukes for more cinnamon cucumber pickles, and I have a watermelon to dry. Oh yeah, and my tomatoes are coming in... I'm not sure I have enough to can, but they've got to be canned anyway! Things are slowing down... pumpkins will be next, and with any luck, some of our watermelons will actually be edible. Then we'll harvest the popcorn and sunflower seeds, and that'll be about it.

I'm getting a chest freezer at the end of the week. My freezer is jam-packed, and I'll need some more space for my pumpkins, when they're ready. Muchless anything else I might buy that needs to be frozen! Garden season is winding down, but there is still much to be done. Not to mention, we'll need to break up the ground again before winter comes, and whatever else we can do to make next spring easier. I'd love to have more of most everything, but I'm not sure that's very manageable. We'll see.

No comments: