Go Cocks!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

scenes of the season

Hay time... for some reason, a field that has just been mowed and baled is just beautiful to me. See for yourself:


Another beautiful sunset, as seen out my front door:


Alpine got this "kite" from Duluth Trading Co, and it actually flew! I have to say, it's probably the first kite I've even successfully flown. And I never thought that kite-flying was fun!


Now, the next three pictures are nearly identical, just with a different tone. Which one do you like best: color, sepia, or black and white?




Last, but certainly not least, my dogs:



There is no scene to go with this story, but as everyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows, Hurricane Gustav hit the Gulf Coast yesterday. Believe it or not, we must have gotten a little portion of that hurricane here in Kentucky! Before you tell me that I'm crazy, let me explain: Generally speaking, weather comes from the west, right? Sure, sometimes warm storms will come from the southwest, and sometimes the cooler storms come from the north. But how often does weather come from the east? That's contrary to the natural flow of things, right? Well, I witnessed with my own eyes (as did Alpine) a nice storm that blew in directly from the east! We heard thunder, saw sunshine towards the west, went outside and saw the low clouds and rain approaching from the east. There wasn't a whole lot of wind, but there was a decent amount. No hurricane forces, by any means, but that had to be the outtermost edges of Gustav. Whodathunkit?!?

No comments: