Go Cocks!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

remembering 9/11



I have so much I should be doing, but can't seem to peel myself away from the television... much in the same way most of America was glued to the television seven years ago. As much as I don't really want to watch it again, I also don't want to forget. None of us should. We should always remember that day... the extreme sadness, fear, anger, disbelief, patriotism... not only to honor those who are no longer with us, but also to learn from what happened. Be alert and aware of your surroundings. Always have a plan. Take care of others in need, but be responsible for yourself. Be as prepared as possible. For anything. For everything. It's easy to say, "Ah, I'm just going to (where ever)... nothing bad is going to happen." Yeah - those people that worked in the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and those who got on a freakin' airplance that morning, never would have thought anything would happen. Never let your passion disappear... if that happens, you're in big trouble. Add to this whatever you see fit... just don't curl up in the fetal position and do nothing. You know the saying... fool me once... it is the responsibility of all of us to make sure that America is not fooled again.

No comments: